Posting of workers to Canada and the United States

Simplify your international development

  • Home
  • Posting of workers to Canada and the United States
Demandez votre remboursement
de tva 2018 !
Date limite au 30 juin 2019/span>
Vous êtes une entreprise hors UE et vous avez effectué des
achats dans un État membre de l'UE !
Vous pouvez peut être en obtenir le rembrousement

Posting of workers to Canada and the United States

A company may post workers for a temporary mission to a country other than the one in which it is established. A posted worker is subject to the regulations of the host country and works for a specified period abroad on behalf of the company that employs him. If you need to send one or more employees to Canada or the United States for a temporary assignment and you are an employer not established in these countries, you will need to use a posting workers service.

Posting workers to Canada

To post workers to Canada, a company must follow a procedure regardless of the field of activity, including requesting a posting declaration and the appointment of a representative. The company will have to respect some obligations and to deal with administrative requirements or risk facing heavy penalties. The declaration must be completed for each posted worker and for each mission in Canada. During the posting of workers, the company also appoints a local representative to liaise with the authorities of the country: taxes, customs, labor inspection, police. This representative is also responsible for keeping all legal documents related to the posting of workers.

Posting workers to the United States

To detach a worker on American soil, the company must follow the same formalities and obligations. Detachment is always temporary and granted under certain conditions. European citizens must apply for a non-immigrant visa for the United States as temporary workers. The visa category depends on the line of business. For example, a seasonal farm worker posted by his company must apply for an H2-A visa while a temporary worker from another industry needs to apply for an H2-B visa.

For more information on our posting of workers services to North America, contact our experts and visit our So Posting Worker website.

Subscribe to ASD Group's newsletter
and receive all our latest information and news.
Newsletter modal
Nos experts sont à votre disposition pour répondre à toutes vos questions.
Pakar kami siap membantu Anda untuk menjawab semua pertanyaan Anda.
Our experts are at your disposal to answer your questions.
Nuestros expertos están a su disposición para responder a todas sus preguntas. ¡Realice una consulta gratuita!
Os nossos especialistas estão à sua disposição para responder a todas as suas questões.
I nostri esperti sono a vostra disposizione per rispondere a tutte le tue domande. Approfitta di una consulenza gratuita !
Unsere Experten stehen Ihnen zur Verfügung um Ihnen alle Fragen zu beantworten.
Na váš dotaz obratem odpovíme. Využijte možnosti konzultace!
Nasi eksperci są do Twojej dyspozycji, aby odpowiedzieć na Twoje pytania.
Experții noștri sunt la dispoziția dumneavoastră pentru a vă răspunde la toate întrebările. Profitați de consultanța gratuită !
Onze deskundigen staan tot uw beschikking om al uw vragen te beantwoorden. Krijg gratis advies!
Нашите експерти са на разположение, за да отговорят на въпросите Ви. Възползвайте се от безплатна консултация!