In principle, companies must issue invoices for the services and products that they provide.
THE SCOPE OF INVOICING OBLIGATIONS IS FIRST DEFINED AT EUROPEAN LEVEL
Directive 2006/112 / EC provides all companies established in the European Union with a common framework for the obligations related to invoicing. However, Member States have the option to require additional information or, on the contrary, lighten obligations for the companies on this point. It should be noted that, in principle, the applicable billing rules are those of the Member State in which the operation is located.
NON-COMPLIANCE OF INVOICES MAY RESULT IN THE REVIEW OF THE RIGHT TO VAT DEDUCTION
The benefit of exemption and the exercise of the right to deduct VAT depend largely on the conformity of the invoices. Thus, it is essential for companies to ensure the compliance of the invoices they issue, but also those issued to them.
STATEMENTS TO APPEAR ON INVOICES
When a company carries out an operation in the EU, the latter must ensure that the invoice it delivers to its customer bears the following information:
- The date of issue of the invoice
- The sequential number of the invoice
- Its full name and address
- VAT number
- The full name and address of the client
- The VAT number communicated by the customer
- For each of the goods delivered or the services provided, the quantity, the precise denomination, the unit price excluding VAT and the legally applicable VAT rate or, if applicable, the benefit of an exemption
- Discounts, refunds and rebates acquired and calculable during the transaction and directly related to this operation
- the amount of VAT to be paid in euros and, by tax rate, the total amount without VAT and the corresponding VAT mentioned separately
- The mention of the application of a VAT exemption, where applicable
- The mention “Reverse charge”, if applicable
- The mention of the application of a special scheme, if applicable
ASD Group specializes in international taxation, customs operations and posting of workers.
Do not hesitate to contact the group to facilitate your international growth.